Sunday, June 26, 2011

Why I Write

Inspiration: Ha, I was thinking about poetry and just started rambling like I often do
Word: Brighten

I'll teach you how to write poetry,

I'll lay the words down before you
and show you how a soliloquy
can bandage a heartbreak
and how an extended metaphor
can explore dusted over wishes

I'll teach you how to write poetry
in hopes that you might use it

Use it in your life endeavors
and to make your language, clever

I'll teach you how to write poetry
with cool similes
and the perks of personification
which will bring me to alliteration

And then I'll show you how to juxtapose
Life and Death
to talk about living
and Angles and Demons
to talk about believing

I'll teach you how to write poetry
so that you might invite the world into
your darkest places

So that the love of humanity might
brighten them

No comments:

Post a Comment