Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stareing

Inspiration: I was at Micky D's and someone bought this homeless man a meal
Word: Story

It's not polite to stare
but I couldn't help it
he, fascinated me

I
watched him,
as he, used every muscle in his chin
to simply chew
It was funny actually,
witnessing him bring his bottom lip
all, the way up, to his nose
I smiled at the gestures of this sweet homeless man

Someone had just given him a meal
His rapid chewing
and little speech
said thank you.

I found myself tracing along all
of his facial lines
his journey

His face, see, told a story
a novel really
His eyelids, were heavy
He took long blinks
and sat perfectly still

It was, I guess eloquent
to watch,
to stare,
at the normality,
yet remarkable beauty,

In this sweet homeless man.

No comments:

Post a Comment